Thursday, January 26, 2006

running log - 1/26/06

3.2 miles with darrin

after not feeling quite right during yesterday's run, i knew that i needed to take this one very easy. and we did. we averaged just a hair under 10 minutes per mile during our 9 lap, 3.2 mile stroll. it was cold again, but clear. i had on my hat, gloves, and sweats, and after we were done, i had frost built up on my hat from where i was sweating. i was surprised that happened, because i didn't realize that i was actually sweating.

saturday is the big 13.1. the culmination of 6 weeks' training before my surgery, which will leave me unable to do much of anything for a while. how long i don't know.

darrin won't be able to join me tomorrow. he just has too many other commitments. i'm planning on starting around 9:00, and hopefully i'll be done by 11. i've set 2 hours as my goal for this. i've tried not to focus on time during my training runs so far. i'm treating this as a race, though, and i'll push it to hit my target if i have to. there's nothing to lose, since it'll be my last run for a while anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home