Tuesday, April 25, 2006

running log - 4/25/06

35 minutes in the dark. alone, but with encouragement.

yeah, darrin wimped out on me. actually, he'd already run 6 miles with his training group for the indy mini, so instead of running with me, he simply encouraged me by sarcastically yelling "looking good" or "c'mon pick it up a little" or trying to hand me water each of the 10 times i passed his house last nite. this was usually followed by me cussing at him. ahhh well, at least it made the run more interesting. and that was good, because i didn't feel especially strong last nite. my pace was pretty slow and i had trouble settling into a groove. but i guess i'm still getting my "legs" back after being off for a while.

on a happier note, my son andrew, who runs track for his middle school, set a 6th grade school and county record monday nite in the 1600. he covered the mile in 5:39. yikes. i can't come close to matching that. he's undefeated in the mile and the 800 so far. what a freak! he and his twin brother nathan are really enjoying track this spring and plan on continuing to run through the summer. way to go boys!

well, no running tonite, but i've got 3 miles or so to do on thursday. yessss!

1 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger :) said...

5:39 ... oh.my.good.lord.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home